Location: Rio Rico, AZ
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Dispatcher is a vital operational role requiring a high degree of accuracy in the execution of inbound and outbound shipments. The position holder is primarily accountable for coordinating between Carriers, Customs Brokers, Administration, Sales, Customers and Warehouse staff to effectively manage inventory and control access to and from the plant. As gatekeepers, Dispatchers control not only plant access, but access over information, product inventory and documentation. Those in this role review records and coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure accuracy in shipping and receiving as a means of checks and balances.
Those in the Dispatcher role must be able to discern priorities, communicate and correct errors, engage in troubleshooting, communicate effectively, and move from one task to the next with relative ease, all the while demonstrating a high level of service and professional etiquette. Technical aptitudes with telephone and various computer systems, as well as the ability to multi-task and perform with a high degree of accuracy, oftentimes under pressure, are essential to the success of this role.
Education & Experience
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• Prior experience working in a Dispatch, Shipping or Receiving capacity strongly preferred
• Experience working in a fresh produce facility preferred
Skills & Characteristics
• Possess strong organization, coordination and communication skills
• Flexible, dependable and able to prioritize and adapt work based on business needs
• Convey professional etiquette when dealing with stakeholders (e.g. staff, carriers, customers, etc.)
• Bilingual (English and Spanish) strongly preferred
• Promote cross-training and information-sharing
• Be a team player, supporting others in the organization when not busy
• Working knowledge of Famous Software strongly preferred
• Proficient with use of MS office and other productivity apps
• Skilled at using various technology, including Windows or IOS-based PCs, tablets, phones, faxes.
• Must be able to work in the U.S.
• Able and willing to work extended hours, including weekends, on an alternating schedule
• This position requires that you be able to work with a computer while sitting or standing, sometimes for extended periods.
• Able to stand, bend and walk throughout the day, sometimes for extended periods
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to climb stairs
• Able to work in a cold, climate-controlled environment
Dispatch (Shipping & Receiving)
• Answer and filter inbound telephone calls while demonstrating a high level of customer service.
• Sign in all approved visitors, inspectors, drivers and staff, alerting the General Manager or Warehouse Manager of suspicious activity or unsolicited loitering.
• Coordinate with administrative, sales and warehouse staff as needed on inbound and outbound orders
• Learn and utilize warehousing customers’ ERP systems to effectively carry out work (e.g. Famous Software)
• Coordinate loading and unloading of daily shipments with warehouse staff, troubleshooting any issues or questions through the Foreman or Operations Manager.
• Coordinate with the Sales office, Outside QC / Buyer and Driver on fresh product purchase orders, pickups and receipts to anticipate and receive the correct inventory when it arrives.
• Maintain current, documented procedures of work processes for each warehousing customer, including, but not limited to: contact information, credentials and procedures to log into customer’s ERP system, and any special requirements (documentation, communication or otherwise).
• Support Foreman and Operations Manager with the daily balancing of inventory, using a system of checks and balances to ensure physical floor count matches inventory in each customer’s ERP system.
• Support repack efforts with transfer of inventory to/from repack runs to ensure the correct inventory is moved and reworked, printing pallet tags, then troubleshooting any inquiries as needed to ensure work is carried out correctly.
• Support cross training efforts to ensure workload is equitably distributed and work is covered during absences and peak work periods.
• Support adequate recordkeeping and filing protocol.
Food Safety & Compliance
• Support food safety efforts by participating in meetings, undergoing training, and following food safety and food security SOPs.
• Ensure dispatching activities support the company’s food safety program at all times, including but not limited to: following proper receiving, shipping and access control procedures, vetting prior load does not pose a cross-contamination risk for product loaded at our facility, obtaining all required signatures and ensuring accuracy in paperwork, support audit and on-site inspections procedures
• Complete and turn in assigned logs to the Food Safety Coordinator accurately and on time.
• As a first responder, read, understand and execute the company’s Regulatory Inspections SOP. Know what to do if an FDA or state official shows up for an unannounced inspection.
• Support Foreman and Operations Manager with inventory floor counts, inspections, sanitation, maintenance and other warehouse operations duties as needed.
• Provide input to the development of policies and procedures to improve the organization.
• Coordinate with colleagues and stakeholders in and out of the organization to expedite work, resolve issues, and improve the organization’s service level.
• Learn and use the organization’s available tools and technology effectively.
• Cross train with others in the organization and support efforts to cover workload.
We are a growing, fast-paced, and family-owned company with roots in the fresh produce industry spanning multiple generations. We form part of a network of companies with year-long growing and shipping operations throughout the U.S. and Mexico. We also believe our strong supply chain is testament of our team and guiding principles, which are at the forefront of how we operate. Our core values are: integrity, service, quality, and collaboration.
This document is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities or accountabilities of the position, nor is it intended to provide an exhaustive list of the required skills and qualifications for the job. Management reserves the right to amend the accountabilities and requirements for this position at their discretion and at any time depending on the needs of the organization.
_ _ _
For consideration, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We kindly ask for documentation to be submitted by email only, in MS Word or PDF form. No fax, mail, or drop-ins, please.