Location: Rio Rico, AZ
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Grower Accounting role focuses on supporting the management of grower accounts by generating and handling numerous records and reports, including forecasts, cash flow requirements, grower and non-grower payables, grower contracts, wire transfers, grower disbursements, liquidations, packaging supplies, and other reports that support the management of grower accounts. The Grower Accounting role is also responsible for entering timely and accurate data in the company’s ERP system, including onboarding of new suppliers, maintaining grower blocks, updating charges, and ensuring settlements are done on time.
This is a versatile accounting role where the position holder also cross-trains with others in the organization to ensure work is always covered, including accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting, grower relations as well as support with general administrative duties such as filing, ordering supplies and distributing mail. The ability to research, work with a high degree of accuracy, and attention to detail are key factors of the position holder’s success.
Education & Experience
• Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred although not required.
• At least 3 years of accounting experience.
• Experience working in the fresh produce industry, ideally in grower accounting.
• Working knowledge of PACA regulations, USA-Mexico import and export logistics.
• Experience preparing and sending wire transfers
Skills & Characteristics
• Bilingual English/Spanish required
• Honest, dependable, respectful and able to work independently as well as in teams.
• Understanding of basic accounting principles
• Analytical, methodical and detail-oriented
• Work with high degree of precision and timeliness, sometimes under deadline
• Prudent with handling of sensitive information
• Good written and oral communication skills
• Able and willing to work Saturdays
• Working knowledge of Famous Software strongly preferred
• Proficient with use of MS office and other productivity apps
• Experience using BI tools preferred, but not required.
• Skilled at using various technology, including Windows or IOS-based PCs, tablets and phones.
• Must be able to work in the U.S.
• Able and willing to work extended hours, including some weekends
• This position requires that you be able to work with a computer while sitting or standing, sometimes for extended periods.
• Able to lift 15 lbs.
• Able to climb stairs
• Daily bank account balances
• Monthly reconciliation of bank statements and loans
• Support with processing of payroll
• Develop understanding of the organization’s growers and operating agreements.
• Monitor packages and grower disbursements.
• Work with sales team to settle open files to reach settlements and timely grower reporting.
• Input and maintain grower auto charges
• Support with invoices to export equipment or packaging materials to Mexico
• Process grower payables
• Monitor growers sales averages
• Calculate and post weekly grower pick & packs
• Support with the management of grower and packinghouse cash needs
• Prepare estimated and final liquidations
• Process grower freight and cash checks
• Support with processing of pedimentos
• Support with packaging inventory tracking
• Process supplier wire transfers and/or checks
• Support with weekly payable reviews and processing in Famous.
• Research payables to ensure they are processed correctly and on time, reporting discrepancies as appropriate.
• Process supplier wire transfers and/or checks
• Support with receivables reviews and collection efforts
• Process and deposit checks
• Research discrepancies in receivables, including short-pays, for timely resolution and processing.
Food Safety & Compliance
• Support the viability of the food safety and food security programs by participating in and supporting employee training programs as needed.
• Personally model and abide by food safety and food security SOPs and SSOPs
• Coordinate with colleagues in and out of the organization, including sister companies, to expedite work, resolve issues, and improve the organization’s service level.
• Provide input to the development of policies and procedures to improve the organization.
• Be a champion of the organization’s available tools and technology.
• Cross train with others in the organization and support efforts to cover workload.
• Support with general administrative work, including ordering office or warehouse supplies.
We are a growing, fast-paced, and family-owned company with roots in the fresh produce industry spanning multiple generations. We form part of a network of companies with year-long growing and shipping operations throughout the U.S. and Mexico. We also believe our strong supply chain is testament of our team and guiding principles, which are at the forefront of how we operate. Our core values are: integrity, service, quality, and collaboration.
This document is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities or accountabilities of the position, nor is it intended to provide an exhaustive list of the required skills and qualifications for the job. Management reserves the right to amend the accountabilities and requirements for this position at their discretion and at any time depending on the needs of the organization.
_ _ _
For consideration, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We kindly ask for documentation to be submitted by email only, in MS Word or PDF form. No fax, mail, or drop-ins, please.