Location: Rio Rico, AZ
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Sales Coordinator keeps an effective balance between customers, sales, and operations by communicating relevant, accurate and timely information to key stakeholders. This role processes large amounts of data in a relatively fast pace with minimal errors and plays an integral role in customer service. The position holder must be attentive to detail, flexible and responsive to the needs of the business, which is dynamic in nature. This position also requires continuous interaction and coordination with contacts in remote office locations; hence excellent communication and technical (computer) skills are vital to the position holder’s success.
This position is a vital link between making the sale and product delivery. The position holder must develop a solid understanding of the global company structure and its business units to effectively communicate and work as a team. Understanding the interaction of the various business units and customer needs, the Sales Coordinator will coordinate with colleagues across multiple locations.
Education & Experience
• At least 2 years of experience working in a sales, sales coordination, administrative coordination, or customer service role, preferably in the fresh produce industry.
• Working knowledge of USDA marketing orders and produce standards preferred
• Working knowledge of PACA regulations preferred
• Experience or knowledgeable in import and export logistics a plus
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in business, communications or relevant field preferred but not required.
Skills & Characteristics
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
• Punctual, consistent, collaborative, and responsive
• Adept at time management, able to prioritize and organize work activities for self and others
• Flexible; able to adapt to changing business needs.
• Able to multitask while working independently as well as in teams.
• Able and willing to research, resolve problems and improve efficiencies
• Possesses strong and professional etiquette and work ethic
• Bilingual English/Spanish strongly preferred
• Working knowledge of Famous Software strongly preferred
• Proficient with use of MS office and other productivity apps
• Experience using BI tools preferred, but not required.
• Working knowledge of EDI web portals (e.g. I-Trade, Food Link) preferred but not required.
• Must be able to work in the U.S.
• Able and willing to work extended hours, including weekends, on an alternating schedule
• This position requires that you be able to work with a computer while sitting or standing, sometimes for extended periods.
• This position may require light travel
• Able to lift 15 lbs.
• Able to climb stairs
• Perform coordination activities, including but not limited to: reconciliation of grower inventories, entering manifests and purchase orders, processing customer-facing records such as passings and invoices, researching market pricing, entering charges, managing customer credit holds, processing repacks, and generating reports that support daily sales execution.
• Process EDI sales transactions
• Coordinate between the procurement and grower relations teams on customer needs, specs, volumes and shipping dates.
• Support with the creation of purchase orders, liaising with suppliers, and informing warehouse staff of details and changes.
• Generate inventory reports and support efforts to reduce shrink and improve rotation.
• Coordinate between the sales desk and customers to process claims and credit requests.
• Support the coordination of freight and logistics efforts
• Gather data and develop reports that measure, monitor, evaluate and report on key sales results, including becoming adept at using the BI tool.
• Model a high level of written and verbal customer service at all times
• Familiarize oneself with Ciruli Brothers’ target / key customer accounts and sales plan objectives.
• Maintain open communication with key contacts in multiple departments and office locations to communicate important information, to expedite work, resolve issues, and improve the organization’s service level.
• Model the development of the company’s Sales Policies and Procedures at a high level.
• Respond to customer requests professionally, accurately and within a reasonable time period.
• Support with collection efforts, monitor aging and prepare customer statements
• Research discrepancies in receivables, including short-pays, for timely resolution and processing.
• Support the sourcing and accounting teams with researching of payables where discrepancies arise.
Food Safety & Compliance
• Personally model and abide by food safety and food security SOPs and SSOPs.
• Participate in meetings and communicate compliance-related requests between the compliance and sales teams for processing.
• Be a champion of the organization’s available tools and technology.
• Cross train with others in the organization
• Support with general administrative work
We are a growing, fast-paced, and family-owned company with roots in the fresh produce industry spanning multiple generations. We form part of a network of companies with year-long growing and shipping operations throughout the U.S. and Mexico. We also believe our strong supply chain is testament of our team and guiding principles, which are at the forefront of how we operate. Our core values are: integrity, service, quality, and collaboration.
This document is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities or accountabilities of the position, nor is it intended to provide an exhaustive list of the required skills and qualifications for the job. Management reserves the right to amend the accountabilities and requirements for this position at their discretion and at any time depending on the needs of the organization.
_ _ _
For consideration, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We kindly ask for documentation to be submitted by email only, in MS Word or PDF form. No fax, mail, or drop-ins, please.