Location: Rio Rico, AZ | McAllen, TX
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date: Open until filled
The Sales role supports the development of the annual sales plan and is primarily focused on effectively managing new and existing accounts to grow sales and profitability. This requires the ability to understand customers’ needs, challenges, and industry trends, as well as our capabilities and opportunities to address those needs. For this reason, the Sales role executes a high degree of communication with stakeholders in and out of the organization and facilitates connectivity between Ciruli Brothers, its affiliated companies, and their supply chains.
The Sales position profiles customers, generates leads, and follows up as needed to develop, nurture, and manage customer accounts successfully. The role also monitors own performance to goals through the organization’s business intelligence tool and information resources. A successful Sales candidate is solutions-driven, resourceful, collaborative, and remains aligned with the organization’s strategic goals.
A customer-focused work ethic, proven industry sales track record, and the drive to contribute to the growth of the organization are critical to the success of the position holder.
Education & Experience
• At least 5 years of experience in a sales or business development role within the fresh produce industry, preferably servicing retail grocers.
• Proven track record of established sales with regional and national accounts.
• Sourcing or buying experience preferred
• Experience marketing fresh mangos preferred
• Understanding of market conditions, trends, and market pricing.
• Working knowledge of USDA marketing orders and produce standards
• Working knowledge of PACA regulations
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in business or relevant field preferred but not required.
Skills & Characteristics
• Proactive, self-directed, and self-motivated.
• Highly organized, thorough, and able to prioritize work with a sense of urgency.
• Excellent communication, problem-solving, and planning skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal, customer service, and relationship management skills.
• Shares the company’s belief that “being immersed in our customers’ success is a key component of our success.”
• Comfortable giving sales presentations to internal and external audiences.
• Works with high degree of ethics and moral conduct.
• Possesses strong and professional etiquette and good judgement.
• Able and willing to adapt to changing business needs.
• Excellent computer skills; experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Famous Software knowledge preferred.
• Experience using BI tools preferred
• Working knowledge of EDI web portals (e.g. I-Trade, Food Link) preferred.
• Must be able to work in the U.S.
• Willing and able to travel to different locations as needed, with a work schedule to be negotiated with Sr. Leadership.
• Able and willing to work extended hours, including some weekends.
• Maintain a current, valid driver’s license (commercial not required)
• This position requires that you be able to work with a computer while sitting or standing, sometimes for extended periods.
• Able to lift 15 lbs.
• Able to climb stairs
Business Planning and Coordination
• Pursue sales activities that result in positioning and driving sales and profitability.
• Provide input to the Annual Sales Plan
• Participate in the identification of new products, customers, and growth opportunities.
• Familiarize oneself with Ciruli Brothers’ target / key customer accounts and sales plan objectives.
• Participate in periodic sales and performance reviews, initiating action where appropriate.
• Implement practices that result in minimal loss and control expenses.
• Be current with market conditions, prices, and use this information to make sales.
• Use the BI tool and other available resources to monitor sales performance metrics and make better informed, data-driven, sales decisions.
Sales & Marketing
• Develop new and retain existing customers.
• Stay informed of quality and inventory at all locations, including what is in transit.
• Support with data entry in Famous Software as needed to prioritize sales.
• Model a high level of customer service at all times, cultivating trust to showcase confidence in one’s intentions and those of the company.
• Coordinate between customers and sales coordinators to close files, settle claims and credit requests.
• Support efforts to research and expedite outstanding receivables to ensure files are settled timely and correctly.
• Maintain open communication and work with other teams and office locations to share information, resolve issues, and/or develop tools that aim to improve the organization’s service level and profitability.
Supply Chain Planning
• Familiarize oneself with our supply network, availability, and resources to develop an understanding of our collective reach and capabilities.
• Develop a strong understanding of customer quality specs and communicate them as needed.
• Coordinate with other departments and locations on packing needs and priorities.
• Stay on top of market trends, weather, pricing, and product availability to make better buying decisions as well as identify and act on buying opportunities.
• Communicate between the sourcing team, quality control team, and suppliers on quality and condition matters, including inspections, rejections, or credit requests.
Food Safety & Compliance
• Support the compliance team with product traceback and recall efforts.
• Participate in food safety and security employee training programs as needed.
• Personally model and abide by food safety and food security SOPs and SSOPs.
• Be a champion of the organization’s available tools and technology.
• Cross train with others in the organization as needed to cover workload
• Support the organization with other projects and duties as needed
We are a growing, fast-paced, and family-owned company with roots in the fresh produce industry spanning multiple generations. We form part of a network of companies with year-long growing and shipping operations throughout the U.S. and Mexico. We also believe our strong supply chain is testament of our team and guiding principles, which are at the forefront of how we operate. Our core values are: integrity, service, quality, and collaboration.
This document is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities or accountabilities of the position, nor is it intended to provide an exhaustive list of the required skills and qualifications for the job. Management reserves the right to amend the accountabilities and requirements for this position at their discretion and at any time depending on the needs of the organization.
_ _ _
For consideration, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We kindly ask for documentation to be submitted by email only, in MS Word or PDF form. No fax, mail, or drop-ins, please.