Location: Rio Rico, AZ
Type: Full Time
The Sr. Financial Controller takes direction from the CEO and keeps management informed of pertinent information that may impact the business while enforcing internal controls that improve administrative efficiencies and safeguard the integrity of company finances. Through timely and accurate reporting, the Sr. Financial Controller also makes recommendations regarding operational and financial decision-making.
This position requires a strong background in financial and managerial accounting and technical understanding of global accounting practices, chiefly those dealing in U.S. and Mexico trade. The success of the position holder also depends on the person’s ability to communicate effectively, to grasp concepts relatively quickly, and on developing processes and control points that foster continued efficiencies, checks and balances.
This is a part ‘doing’ and part ‘planning’ role with executive-level growth potential for candidates demonstrating keen financial aptitudes and integrity, a strong desire to work, and willingness to be a part of a bigger team.
Education & Experience
– Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
– CPA with 3-5 years of experience working in a public accounting firm
– Experience developing and monitoring cash flow systems
– Experience working with global or multi-company organizations, preferably in the U.S. and Latin America.
– Experience preparing consolidated financial reports and presenting financial data to senior leadership or board of directors.
Key Skills & Characteristics
– Possess excellent written and oral communication skills
– Bilingual (English and Spanish) required
– Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
– Flexible; able to adapt based on changing business needs
– Reliable, consistent, and resourceful
– Discreet with the handling of sensitive company information
– Able & willing to travel in the U.S. and Mexico
– Proficient at using Windows-based operating systems and MS Office software, with a particular focus on Excel.
– Experience working with databases
– Experience using various productivity applications
Finance & Accounting
– Oversee the preparation of financial reports and forecasting tools.
– Coordinate month and year-end financial closing activities and reporting for key stakeholders.
– Oversee the grower accounting and payments process, ensuring reporting is done accurately and in a timely manner.
– Conduct financial audits at various operating locations in the U.S. and Mexico, as needed.
– Improve procedures to exercise better financial control over Mexico Operations.
– Oversee and improve the billing and accounting process for the global organization.
– Establish good rapport with banking contacts and ensure bank covenant compliance for all business entities.
– Support management’s efforts to better manage and monitor costs and expenses.
– Ensure finance and accounting activities operate in compliance with local, state & federal regulatory requirements.
– Oversee I.T. efforts for the global organization
– Develop intimate knowledge of our ERP system
– Oversee administration of BI dashboards, ensuring reporting is accurate and reflective of relevant data.
– Manage support contracts with I.T. service providers
– Oversee payroll
– Manage the 401 K plan
– Work with senior management on the development and implementation of a performance-based employee bonus program.
– Manage the company’s general liability, automobile, and employee health insurance programs.
– Oversee process of monitoring employee work hours and time off
– Support the development of processes that aim to better manage employee roles, performance evaluations and compensation packages.
– Support management with the development of an employee handbook that meets state / federal regulatory requirements.
Why You Should Apply
– Competitive salary
– Bonus program
– Excellent medical & dental insurance
– 401K eligibility
– Paid time off
– Growth and advancement opportunity
How to Apply
For consideration, please submit a résumé and cover letter to [email protected]. We kindly ask for documentation to be submitted electronically, in MS Word or PDF form. Please no fax, mail or drop-ins.