Location: Rio Rico, AZ
Type: Full Time
Salary: Commensurate on experience by role
Req. Closing Date: Open until filled
Accounting Careers with Ciruli Brothers
Accounting functions touch upon all areas of the company, and as our company grows, we are looking for responsible, driven, highly organized people to join our accounting and finance team.
The scope of responsibilities ranges between roles, and includes accounts payable, accounts receivable, grower accounting, banking, budgeting, cost reporting, recordkeeping, and general administrative duties. We believe in continuous cross-training and supporting each other in different areas of accounting, which means the ideal candidate will need to approach work independently and in teams with a positive and flexible attitude.
Ideal candidates have an eye for detail, are responsive to the needs of the business, and are able to work in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high accuracy levels and excellent recordkeeping practices. Ideal candidates also communicate and work effectively with stakeholders across organizational lines, demonstrate a willingness to help others, and use diligence in the handling of financial information.
Education & Experience
• At least 5 years of experience in an accounting or bookkeeping role.
• Working knowledge of good accounting regulations, principles, and practices.
• Strong clerical, administrative, or office management experience.
• Experience working in the fresh produce industry preferred.
• Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred
Skills & Characteristics
• Highly organized, reliable, consistent, with attention to detail.
• Able and willing to research, resolve problems, and improve efficiencies.
• Adept at time management, able to prioritize and organize work to keep a steady pace.
• Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Able to multitask while working independently, sometimes with shared resources and teams.
• Discreet with the handling of sensitive company information.
• Possess strong and professional etiquette and work ethic.
• Able to work with a sense of urgency.
• Highly proficient with MS Office and accounting software
• Experience with Famous Software preferred
• Experience using various productivity applications and BI tools preferred
• Must be able to work in the U.S.
• Able and willing to work extended hours, including some weekends
• Able to stand, bend and walk throughout the day, sometimes for extended periods
• This position requires that you be able to work with a computer while sitting or standing, sometimes for extended periods.
• Able to lift 15 lbs.
• Able to climb stairs
Responsibilities (varied by role):
Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
• Receivable reviews, preparing statements, and collection efforts.
• Research discrepancies in receivables for timely resolution and processing in Famous Software.
• Conduct weekly payable reviews and processing in Famous Software.
• Research payables where discrepancies arise and report discrepancies as appropriate.
• Remain informed of cost information to ensure invoices are processed accurately.
• Daily account balancing
• Deposits, wire transfers, check runs
• Support with reconciliation of bank accounts
• Monitor packages, expenses, sales, and process grower payments / liquidations.
• Support with settlement of open files for timely grower reporting.
• Process and oversee grower and Mexico supplier payables
• Calculate and post grower charges into Famous Software
• Maintain detailed accounting and records for grower accounts
• Respond to customer and supplier requests professionally, accurately and within a reasonable time period.
• Maintain open communication with others, internally and externally, to communicate timely and accurate information, expedite work, resolve issues, and improve the organization’s service level.
• Support with purchasing office supplies, mailing, shipping, errands, etc.
• Follow archiving processes to ensure proper filing protection, access, retrieval, retention, disposal, etc.
• Be a champion of the organization’s available tools and technology.
• Cross train with others in the organization and support efforts to cover workload.
• Support with general administrative work, including ordering office or warehouse supplies.
We are a growing, fast-paced, and family-owned company with roots in the fresh produce industry spanning multiple generations. We form part of a network of companies with year-long growing and shipping operations throughout the U.S. and Mexico. We also believe our strong supply chain is testament of our team and guiding principles, which are at the forefront of how we operate. Our core values are: integrity, service, quality, and collaboration.
This document is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities or accountabilities, nor is it intended to provide an exhaustive list of the required skills and qualifications for the job. Management reserves the right to amend the accountabilities and requirements at their discretion and at any time depending on the needs of the organization.
_ _ _
For consideration, submit a resume and cover letter to [email protected] We kindly ask for documentation to be submitted by email only, in MS Word or PDF form. No fax, mail, or drop-ins, please.